Northern Lights by Boat with a Backup Plan
Sail out from Reykjavík in search for the beautiful Aurora Borealis! It only takes us 10-15 minutes to sail into the dark, away from the light pollution from the city, to a perfect location for viewing the magical northern lights and starry sky. Enjoy the peace and quiet out in Faxaflói Bay.
An expert guide will explain the scientific facts about this natural phenomenon, share stories and myths from different cultures around the world, and answer any questions you might have during the tour. It is never guaranteed that the lights will show on the night - however, if you don't see them you get a complimentary ticket to try again.
Our boats are spacious with warm indoor seating areas, an onboard bar and plenty of space for everyone outside on our viewing decks to gaze into the night sky. We will provide all passengers with free usage of warm overalls to keep cozy and warm on winter nights.
Now here's the backup plan - Auroras at Whales of Iceland!
Unfortunately, the weather in Iceland does not always cooperate, so in case of cancellation we have a backup plan ready for you! If the conditions to view Northern Lights are poor, we have a guarantee adventure already prepared called Auroras at Whales of Iceland!
Auroras at Whales of Iceland is a Northern Lights themed visit to the spectacular Whales of Iceland Exhibition, very close to the Old Reykjavik Harbour. Our guide will greet everyone and take them into the the wonderful world of the giant whales, where they will be able to view full-sized models and try out some fun & interactive technology!
The visit includes a guided tour of the 23 life-sized models of all whale species found around Iceland and our BRAND NEW 25 min. Northern Lights documentary. The documentary features beautiful footage, facts, myths and stories about the Northern Lights and is displayed on an 8m wide screen beneath a life-size fin whale model. After the film you have a chance to have a Q&A session with your guide and a complimentary drink of your choice is available at the bar.
Now - the best part is yet to come, all passengers will also receive a complimentary ticket to try our northern lights boat tour on the next available date! (included in the price!) When you arrive for Auroras at Whales of Iceland, please let the Special Tours reception team know the date you would like to reschedule your boat tour.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
Northern Lights by Boat
- 2-3 hour Northern Lights by Boat tour
- Experienced guide on every departure
- Warm overalls (also available in children's sizes!)
- Heated indoor seating areas
- Free ticket to try again if nothing is seen on your tour!
- WC's, snack bar & WiFi on board
- Pictures taken on every tour, available to download free of charge
- Friendly crew can assist with photography and camera settings if needed
- Guaranteed Backup Plan if the boat tour is cancelled on the evening you are scheduled!
Backup Plan - Auroras at Whales of Iceland
- A Northern Lights themed visit to the Whales of Iceland Exhibition
- Live-guided tour of the exhibition
- Q&A session with an experienced guide
- 25 min. Northern Lights video on a brand-new 8 meter screen
- Complimentary drink of your choice
- Keep your ticket for the Northern Lights boat tour - just let us know when you'd like to reschedule!
We recommend wearing warm clothes & sturdy shoes. Don't forget your camera!
- Please note that sightings of the Northern Lights cannot be guaranteed. If nothing is seen on your tour, you will receive a free ticket to join another tour.
- This tour is non-refundable.