Snæfellsnes National Park
- Snæfellsjökull volcano glacier
- Gerðuberg basalt columns
- Bird cliffs at Arnarstapi
- Djúpalónssandur bland sand beach
- Kirkjufell church-shaped mountain with Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall
Pickup time: 8:30 - 9:00 am
Duration: ca 11 hrs
DESCRIPTION:You will be picked up in Reykjavik and then begin the journey by taking the undersea tunnel - 6 km long crossing under Hvalfjordur - the Whale bay fjord. You will take a short refreshment stop in a charming town Borgarnes and soon after the travel along the Snaefellsnes peninsula starts. You will have the seaside on our left and incredible scenery and mountains on our right.
The Snaefellsnes Peninsula is often called ‘Miniature Iceland’ as basically every type of natural feature that makes the country famous can be found here, including waterfalls, glaciers, volcanoes, lava fields, cliffs and wildlife.
One of the first stops is to admire huge basalt columns called Gerduberg, they are so perfectly shaped into hexagons so they barely seem natural.
Along the way, you will visit small towns and fishing villages, see spectacular bird cliffs at Arnarstapi and maybe you will be lucky to spot seals. At Djupalonssandur beach (may not be accessible in winter) we will allow those who feel up to it to try strength with the Stones of Trial.
You will also stop by picturesque church-shaped mountain Kirkjufell which is accompanied by a wonderful little waterfall on the other side of the road. This place has become one of the top bucket list items for visitors coming to Iceland not only thanks to the Game of Thrones!
The whole journey of Snaefellsnes peninsula circles around Snaefellsjokull volcano glacier which you can admire from several stops on the tour.
Do not miss out on this unique experience and book now.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Pickup and drop-off from designated bus stops and hotels
- Professional and local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Small-group tour (tour operated exclusively on minibuses with a maximum of 19 passengers)
- Outdoor clothes, preferably wind and waterproof, solid shoes
- Gateway to Iceland reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of our clients. All departures require a minimum number of participants in order to operate; 4 adults.